To start the HCG diet, there are protocols need to be followed. This HCG Diet Protocol is designed by Dr. Simeons, himself and can be found in the book “Pounds and Inches.” This is not the complete protocol, rather than a brief summary of the HCG Diet Protocol.
A patient is weighed and measured first; its height, age, skeletal and muscular builds. Then it is calculated to its degree of overweight, and from this can be asses the duration of the treatment and the average loss of weight, example 300-400 grams-per injection of HCG.
The Duration of Treatment
Losing from minimum to a maximum of 15 pounds requires 26 days of treatment with 23 daily injections. After which, the next 3 days they still continue their 500 calorie diet. The patient is now free to eat anything except sugar and starches for the next three weeks. As soon as their target weight is reached, they can now consume 800-100 calories for the rest of the treatment.
Losing more than 15 pounds to the maximum of 34 pounds requires 40 injections. Regardless of the weight loss, the treatment need to be stopped either when the 34 pounds is lost or the 40 injections has been given.
For patients requiring to loss more than 34 pounds, a second course is offered but should be started only after 6 weeks interval.
Exception to the days of injecting is during menstruations. The diet still continues and resumes after the menstruation. For starting, the advisable days before treatment should be 10 days later.
This is a summary of the restrictions and allowed food during HCG Diet. The 500 calorie diet is strictly followed.
- Juice of one lemon is allowed per day.
- Salt, pepper, garlic, mustard, etc., may be used for seasoning.
- Oil, butter and dressing are never allowed.
- Tea, coffee, plain water or mineral water can be taken in any quantity any time.
- No medicines or cosmetics other than lipstick
- Only 100 grams of meat and must be weighed raw after removing all the visible fats
- Fruit and breadstick may be eaten between meals.
- 2 Liters of fluid should be taken per day.
- No eggs allowed
- Cheeses are restricted (except for countries which use skimmed milk for cottage cheese about 100 grams)
To supply enough protein for the vegetarians, they need to at least supply themselves at least 500 cc of skimmed milk a day.
The HCG Diet Protocol needs to be extremely and strictly followed.